Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Herd

I've started training Snickers to pull a cart, but with everything else that needs to be done this time of year, I probably won't get serious about it until fall. Migdalah is small for a two-year-old, but she has long legs so I think she is just growing slowly, maybe because she doesn't get grain. She is definitely turning out to be a looker! I'm doing light ground work with her now and will do a lot more this fall. Depending on how fast she grows, I'll start her under saddle this winter or next spring.


Miggie always wants to help, including with weeding





Goofy Phillip






This little show-off always does her best to steal the show and I end up with three times as many pictures of her than of anyone else. She is pretty, though!





"We stopped at the river to get us a drink, he waded right in while I stayed on the brink, he came to the bank with his teeth full of gold, this horse has more sense than his boss I've been told." Migdalah hasn't found any gold yet, but she always wades right into the water while everyone else stays on the brink.



Rodeo time!







1 comment: